"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your path." Proverbs 3:5-6







Friday, January 22, 2010

Ava hanging out in her high chair while mommy bakes (:



This is a picture of Cody getting ready to go plow.
We have had quite the snow storm all week!! This is only my second winter in snow country... It is so beautiful to look outside and see everything covered in a thick blanket of white. When we heard that a snow storm was on it's way, we did some major grocery shopping and stocked up on a lot of things. I am so glad we did! The freeways have been shut down for the past few days and who knows when they will re-open. Cody and I have been following the weather on noaa.gov and it says to expect up to another 11" of snow tonight. I think of all of this snow as such a blessing because with Cody's line of work you always expect the winter months to be pretty slow or non-existent. So he has definitely taking advantage of all the snow that has came, he hops in his backhoe and drives through the neighborhoods asking if anyone needs their driveways plowed. He also is a great help to people who end up getting their vehicles stuck in the snow.

With all of this snow Ava and I are staying inside and keeping warm. (: I have been doing a lot of baking/ trying a few new recipes (anything to keep me
from getting cabin fever lol)... I tried a new recipe for maple wheat dinner rolls and they turned out pretty good, today I made wheat banana muffins with semi sweet chocolate chips yum! Oh ya and last night I made some hot cocoa with homemade marshmallow cream. I have never tried that before, but it came out pretty good too. I am also planning on making cinnamon rolls... I plan on starting those tonight so they will be ready to just throw in the oven in the morning. I am glad we live close to Cody's brother and mom so we can share all this food I've been baking!lol











1 comment:

  1. It looks wonderful, how did you figure it all out so soon. It took me a while and then I had one designed by a charity but I am ready for something new. Very good. I get to see all of Ava's adventures now.
    Blessings and miss you all,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete